Response time is key
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home or place of business and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. Count on your neighborhood SERVPRO to arrive quickly and start the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
SERVPRO of North Pomona/ La Verne specialize in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water will quickly spread throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and any belongings.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and begins buckling, causing trip hazards.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible as the water passes through and penetrates in multiple materials.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (909)392-6760